97-06 Jeep Wrangler Flat Belly Skid
Looking for better protection and a significant gain in clearance? Improve your rigs break over angle with Next Venture's TJ/LJ Belly Skid!
- Truly flat bottom: even the mounting hardware has been moved from the bottom to the side of the frame rail.
- Over 4 inches of clearance gained over the factory skid plate!
- Laser cut from 1/4" steel
- Flanges front and back for additional strength and to prevent the skid from digging into/catching on any obstacles.
- Cad designed and CNC bent for the right fit every time
- Ships bare metal - will require paint prep and paint/powder coat.
There are no holes pre-drilled for transmission mounting options; you are free to choose any mounting method. We suggest welding in a separate cross member so you can drop the skid plate separately and maintain a completely smooth bottom. Look for next venture cross member kits in the near future. 4 Speed Automatic TJ transmission pans may require 2" of body lift and/or slight modification of the front flange of the skid plate to prevent transmission pan to skid plate interference.
*Update: we'll be releasing a cross member that can be optioned with this kit*
*1.25" to 2" body lift is required and is not included* ( Manual transmissions typically need 1.25"; 1.5-2" may be required with automatic transmissions)
*1" Raised Motor Mounts are required and are not included*
*SYE KIT may be required*
*Not compatible with Rubicon/Unlimited Rubicon models with the larger 241 transfer cases - without extensive modification*