97-06 Jeep Wrangler Flat Belly Skid
Looking for better protection and a significant gain in clearance? Improve your rigs break over angle with Next Venture's TJ/LJ Belly Skid! This skid is purpose built for use with TJ's with the Jeep 4 liter, with an AW4 (Aisin Warner) from a 1987 to 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ swapped in place of the original transmission.
- Truly flat bottom: even the mounting hardware has been moved from the bottom to the side of the frame rail.
- Over 4 inches of clearance gained over the factory skid plate!
- Skid Laser cut from 3/16" steel (or 1/4" if optioned); 1/4" cross member and frame brackets.
- Flanges front and back for additional strength and to prevent the skid from digging into/catching on any obstacles.
- Cad designed and CNC bent for the right fit every time
- Ships bare metal - will require paint prep and paint/powder coat. Available powder coating options only apply to belly skid plate component as other components will require welding.
Included in kit:
- (1) Belly Skid
- (2) Inner frame plates/crossmember brackets
- (1) Transmission Crossmember (this functions as the transmission mount and is mounted to the inner frame plates/tabs via rubber bushings)
- (1) Hardware Kit (excludes AW4 mounting bolts; re-use factory metric hardware)
- (1) Transfer Case Clocking Jig (Click here for more information; do not add this to your cart separately as it's already included!)
Not included but available here:
2" Raised Motor Mounts
Welding and drilling is required. This is not a bolt on kit! We'll be happy to provide technical support via phone/e-mail and text; but this kit should be installed by a competent welder!
*This kit does not include any ECM/wiring components or shifters; you are free to choose between conventional shifting (done via ECM) and manual shifting. Check out http://www.radesignsproducts.com/ for some manual shifting options!*
*Clocking of the transfer case is *required*; a drill template is included*
*1.25" body lift is required and is not included* Skid is compatible with factory body mounts and most boat side body mounts (both stock and 1.25" raised mounts)
*Exhaust modification/rerouting usually required*
*Transmission cooler lines and cooler are required and not included*
*Raised Motor Mounts are required and are not included by default* Can be purchased here! https://nextventuremotorsports.com/product/jeep242mm
*SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) KIT required and not included*
*For use with Jeep 4.0 and NP231 ONLY. It is not intended for use with Atlas 2 or 4 Speed Cases. Not compatible with Rubicon/Unlimited Rubicon models with the larger 241 transfer cases*