Jeep TJ/LJ/YJ/CJ Rear Outboard Shock Mounts
There a few reasons outboard shock mounts on TJs/LJs/YJs/CJs have become so popular:
- Allows for longer shocks for more travel/performance (even when moving the lower shock mounts up above the bottom of your axle tube for ground clearance)
- Saves a lot of space when using coilovers as opposed to separate shocks and coils; allowing for more ideal mounting of bumpstops, limit straps, and other suspension components even when stretching your wheelbase
- Doesn't require cutting into the tub/wheel wells; leaving your cargo and passenger space intact!
Next Venture's outboard shock mounts are designed with the fabricator in mind; but that doesn't mean we didn't include a 14 gauge steel template to attach to the frame and guide your cuts/shock placement. Included front and rear formed gussets tie this monster 1/4" steel shock tower into the frame unlike any other rear outboard mounts available. *included template/guide doesn't apply to YJ/CJ models*
- All components laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4" steel
- Allows for use of 2" coilover shocks or 2.5" shocks
- Wheel spacers or wheels with a wider stance may be required depending on your axle width, suspension travel, and tire size in order to avoid tire/shock contact.
- Fuel Filler and some evap components may require relocation.
- Cutting into the frame is required to "french" the mounts into the frame (cutting template included)
- Required welding should be done by a competent welder/shop.