Low profile/high clearance winch bumper for all 1997-2006 Jeep Wranglers including 2004-2006 LJ (TJ Unlimited)
*Update 8/18/2020: We have updated to a new web platform, and our previous website chose not to export the TJ Bumper product correctly; we are working to add back in more photos and information on this product soon* -Dan and the Next Venture Team
Looking for the ultimate recessed TJ winch bumper? Look no further; we’ll keep your center of gravity low, your radiators airflow unimpeded, all while giving you the best ground clearance possible short of removing your steering box!
- Frame mounted using factory bumper points + ties into factory front sway bar points (10 in total)
- Winch is mounted in line with the bottom of the frame rails instead of on top; making for a lower center of gravity, sleeker profile, and better airflow to the radiator to keep your Jeep running cool in extreme conditions.
- 2 High clearance, heavy duty, D-ring clevis tabs – machined with pride in house from 1″ thick stock.
- 2 winch fair lead cutouts; one facing forward and another that can be optionally outfitted with a 2nd fairlead for “suck down” winch use.
- Additional internal gusseting around steering box cutouts.
- Available steering box skid plate ties into 4 points (2 on bumper+2 steering box bolts) and provides protection for your steering box. (See FAQ regarding hydro-assist lines.)
- Bumper includes new body mount bracket (bolts to back of winch tray)
- Works with and without body lifts
- Components are CNC Laser Cut from 1/4″ Steel
- CNC Formed for a perfect fit everytime
- Ships Fully welded
- Optional Tube work is 1 3/4″ DOM tubing.
- Bumper is shipped bare metal and ready for paint prep (unless ordered otherwise) and includes installation hardware.
- Removal of factory front sway bar and factory front crossmember (inside of frame rail to inside of frame rail) is required. *Angle Grinder and cutting wheels required*
- Made in the USA!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does this work with full hydro steering? Yes, but the mounting position of your orbital valve may need to change ever so slightly.
- Does this work with hydro-assist lines or will it be in the way? Yes; this works with the most common tapping locations on saginaw boxes ( early TJ 97-02.) Late model TJs (03-06 TJs with the Mercedes style boxes) may require relocation of the rear most tapping location (plug and retap) or grinding if you have already tapped the box.
- Can I retain the front OEM Sway Bar? No; while it will physically bolt through this bumper, it will *not* clear the winch. We recommend running only a rear sway bar for a trail rig anyhow; if any at all – but not an OEM front sway bar.
- Can I use a Currie Anti-Rock or similar style front sway bar that mounts through the front crossmember? Not currently *as-is*; but we are working on a set of relocation brackets and replacement arms to allow for this style of sway bar to be used.
- Can I use a winch other then the Warn M8000? We have currently only tested this with the Warn M8000, but many other similar size winches may work.