JL Aluminum Front Bumper - Featherweight Series
Looking for our Rimrocker Series styling in a lightweight but stout package? We have modified our Rimrocker Series bumpers, by changing out nearly every component for a slightly thicker, however lighter weight aluminum component. Let us introduce our Featherweight Series!
Crafted from a combination of 1/4" and 3/16" Aluminum, along with 1" thick steel recovery points welded to a 1/4" thick steel inner winch tray, this rear bumper is both lightweight and stout-where-it-counts so that you can hit the hardcore trails with confidence!
This bumper can be run by itself, as an ultra-high clearance bumper, or configured with the lower front skid as shown. The lower front skid fully protects the Rubicon sway bar disconnect motor -- many on the market only appear to but leave the very bottom or back exposed.
Weight: 42 lbs. The majority of this weight is found in the steel winch tray inside the bumper.
- Can I use this Front bumper with my factory front skid plate that came with my steel bumper package?
- No. Due to the increased approach angle and clearance we were after, the bottom of this bumper sits much higher than the factory bumper and leaves a significant gap. The factory steel bumper package front skid that bolts to the bumper simply doesn't reach high enough to bolt in place.
- Can I flat tow using the recovery points on this bumper?
- Yes. The recovery points are machined to match the size of most tow bar pins -- thus eliminating the need for bolt-on adapters anywhere. The recovery points are connected directly to the frame via the steel winch tray and do not rely on the aluminum bumper body whatsoever -- the aluminum bumper body takes no load while towing.
- Can I order this bumper Powder Coated?
- Yes. However, the lead time can vary greatly depending on the choice of powder coat and other things in the queue. Please call us if you would like to order this bumper powder coated in a color other than our standard texture black.
Products are designed and fabricated to fit vehicles that have varying tolerances from the factory, minor hand fitting may be required.
Products are shipped bare metal unless otherwise specified by the customer. Bare metal products may have scratches or surface imperfections as a result of raw material handling, manufacturing, and fabrication. However, these imperfections are easily covered up with a textured powder coat finish. Additional finishing, sanding, and prep work may be required if you wish to also have them finished with a smooth powder coat or paint.
Projected lead times are estimates only, and are subject to changes due to production realities, including material and labor availability and sudden variability in order volume. Lead times are not guaranteed, but we do guarantee that we are hard at work trying to get the best product we can produce and into our customers’ hands as quickly as possible.
All Next Venture Motorsports products are laser cut, CNC formed, and hand-weld with pride in the USA. We are a Colorado-based business, and welcome visitors by appointment at our Grand Junction, CO headquarters. We hope to see you out there on the trail soon!