JLU Rocker Armor
This rocker armor is laser cut and CNC formed from 1/8" 5052-H32 Aluminum alloy, and is intended as a secondary layer of protection behind true frame mount rock sliders like our Rimrocker Sliders. Our JLU rocker armor can also be used to clean up the appearance of your JL if you've sustained body damage prior to upgrading your sliders!
Installation Details Specific To Next Venture Rimrocker Series Rock Sliders
Above: View of Next Venture Rimrocker Series Rockslider (sold separately here) and Rocker Armor. Drilling and installation of hardware behind the rock slider is difficult due to the full coverage nature of the slider design and is nearly impossible. Either the "stick on" or "9 bolt" mounted rocker guards are ideal for installation with our Rimrocker Sliders for this reason.
The "9 bolt" design is ideally installed with 3M VHB tape along the top edges where the rocker armor meets the doorsill. This gives you an excellent combination of fastening and adhesion and allows for minimal drilling into the body.
Compatibility and Options
Our JLU Rocker Armor is compatible with nearly all aftermarket frame mounted rock sliders with the below three configuration options. You will need to choose one of the first two options if your JL or JT is already equipped with our Rimrocker Series Rock Sliders.
0 Holes - "Stick On"/ Drill To Match (Universal Compatibility)
- Comes pre-cut with NO mounting holes
- Ideal if your body is completely straight and you don't want to put additional holes in it!
- Can be installed with included 3M VHB Double Sided Mounting Adhesive for zero drilling installation
- Can be drilled out to match existing rivet nuts already in your JL body tub - a commonly requested feature from customers that are removing previously installed body mounted rock sliders to swap out for frame mounted rock sliders.
9 Bolt (For Bolt On Install With Next Venture Rimrocker Sliders)
- Due to the boatside shape and full coverage nature of our Rimrocker Rock Sliders, it's nearly impossible to drill all of the holes you might find in most typical Jeep Rocker Armor installations. This mounting configuration is pre-cut only for the hole locations that are 100% accessible with existing Rimrocker Sliders already installed.
- 9 Holes are precut, including those compatible with our rear high line fenders
- Mounting Hardware and 3M VHB Double Side Mounting Adhesive is required and included with this configuration.
20 Bolt (Full Bolt On Install - Not For Use With Rimrocker Sliders)
- 20 Holes are pre-cut along both flanges
- Mounting is done entirely with included rivet nuts and 1/4-20 bolts
- Note: This configuration is NOT compatible with our Rimrocker Series Rock Sliders - as their coverage will prevent installation of nearly half of the mounting locations. Please choose wither the "stick on" or "9 bolt" configurations instead if you have our Rimrocker Sliders.
Installation and Coating Notes
Rivet nut tool is required for installation unless using "stick on" configuration without fasteners. We do recommend sealing/coating any holes that are drilled for rivet nuts to prevent corrosion of exposed metal.
Paint or Coating is required - these ship bare metal! We recommend a metal protectant such as Sharkhide (a marine grade clear coat) to be used if you would like a natural aluminum finish appearance with minimal maintenance.
Set ships as a pair of left and right.
Why next venture?
parts inspired by the trail
Our team got into the game after rock crawling, wrenching, fabricating and being inspired to design and build parts for what we love to do: hit the trail.
what our customers are saying
They invited me and my whole crew in for a tour of the facility on our way to Moab. These guys not only produce amazing armor for your Jeep, they are really good people. So, I’ve been running their rear diff skid for 9 months and it has easily held up to everything I’ve thrown at it.Gary Swogger
After this go around with Moab and Holy cross, the diff skids did their job and protected my Jeep. My rear aluminum bumper performed phenomenally on the trail!Rennato Lopez
Colorado Springs, CO
Can’t say enough about Dan and his ultra skilled team! Dan was able to get us in for a skidplate with UHMW & sliders for our JKUR. The fit, finish and quality are just out of this world! Can you say “stacked dimes”? Absolutely gorgeous welds…Lance Wende
2 years later I'm writing this review. I've beaten the crap out of this thing hitting rocks, winching, draging it down obstacles, and now exposed to the Florida elements. The bumper looks like it did the day they sent it. You will not find a better company to work with that cares about their clients and their products!Kelly Colwell
Panama City, FL
My rear Next Venture diff skid takes a beating! Best rear diff skid available. Well done!Lee Bower
Quality is amazing, items fit perfectly. Couldn't be more happy; these are gonna help out a lot between the tons and LS1.Lakeland, FL
Without a doubt, Next Venture Motorsports is my first stop for epic Jeep parts. Their JL aluminum front and rear featherweight bumpers are solidly built, easy enough to install, and crafted to perfection. I can't wait for more products for my 2 door JL!Michael Collette
AWESOME quality and customer service. 2021 Jeep 4xe! Return customer and will return again. Thank You Dan!Columbia, SC
I like it because it lets you use factory fog lights if you want. They also have a featherweight aluminum option that doesn't have holes for fogs and is essentially a stubby bumper. I am very pleased with all of their stuff. [JL/JT Adventure Series Bumper]Author's name
Los Angeles, CA